Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition Privacy Statement
1. General Statement:
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This privacy statement explains our policies and practices regarding online visitor and submission information. It is through this disclosure that we intend to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, and safeguard personal and other information we collect or that you provide through this website/submission form, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our data handling practices that we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you. By using the site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
2. Information About Our Organization and Website:
3. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You:
When you visit this Website we will not collect any personal information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Personal data includes information that is particular to you such as name, street address, telephone number, and email address. If you opt not to provide us with personal information you can still access our Website, however you may be unable to participate in the Giveaway.
4. How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
Personally identifiable information collected may be used to:
• Fulfill a user request or market to. (e.g., registration, brochure fulfillment, lead generation, send marketing or promotional materials including emails, texts, contest or other information).
• Respond to your comments or requests for information.
• Meet a request for or to develop new services.
• Make the user experience more customer friendly.
• Contact you if necessary in the course of processing your registration.
• Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services.
• Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database and may be used for marketing and other purposes.
• Comply with legal requirements.
5. Methods to Collect Information:
A “cookie” is a small text file that helps us in many ways to make your visit to our Website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, cookies avoid you having to log in every time you come back to one of our Websites. They also allow us to tailor a Website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. There are a couple different types of cookies.
A “session” cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever.
A “persistent” cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Persistent cookies stay on your computer until either a) they expire, b) they are overwritten with newer cookies, or c) you manually remove them. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies; however, this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features.
This site may use third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as DART, Omniture tags, DoubleClick, Efficient Frontier, and Google Analytics) to capture click-through statistics. The only data gathered is the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you came (which contains no personal information), the Website that referred you, the pages you visited and the date and time of those visits. They do not collect personal information from the user.
Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary.
6. From time to time, the PBCSAC may run or sponsor a game, contest, event or the like. If you are selected as the winner, we may include your name, county, and photo only as identifiable information in a publicly available manner such as; online or in press releases, on and offline.
7. Sharing Your Information:
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition does not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice. Personal information that you provide to us in the course of submissions, using our site features or requesting a product or service through this Website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases and be used for purposes of contacting you for things like promotional offers, or marketing programs.
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition will disclose your personal information, without notice, if (1) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition its affiliates or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition, its affiliates or this site; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition or affiliate personnel, users of their Websites, or the public; or (c) if required to do so by law.
8. Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information:
To correct or update your personal information, contact us at the contact information provided at www.PBCSAC.org.
9. Links to Other Sites:
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition encourages you to review the privacy statements of all sites that you visit, including those whose links are provided so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices on other Websites.
9. Children’s Privacy:
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition does not knowingly intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information.
10. Privacy Statement Revision Days:
Occasionally we may update this and our other privacy statements in order to reflect any changes to the Website or our privacy practices. If we update this statement, the new statement will be posted to the Website ten (10) days prior to the changes taking effect.
11. Please contact us at the contact information provided at www.PBCSAC.org.